Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Mom is in Print

Yep, it's official. The publication arrived today, with my chapter entitled " Bringing Language to Life in Second-Year Spanish". It describes what I did with a tutorial class at Sauk-- a group of 5 students who asked me to do the second year class with them. They were great students and we just had a ball in class. They took whatever work I gave them and asked for more. They conjugated verbs in eight tenses and did culture projects and watched Destinos while eating chips and salsa. It was amazing. Writing about what I did, and having it published, was the icing on the cake.

It doesn't make any difference in the real world (where I am teaching high school kids who chew gum and throw erasers and are shocked that there might be more than the present tense in Spanish) but it makes for good reading. And remembering.

Hooray!

3 comments:

The Anthropophagus said...

Awesome, what publication is the chapter in?

The Anthropophagus said...

Awesome, what publication is the chapter in?

mamagoose said...

My essay is Chapter 2 in the fall 2009 edition (#19) of " New Directions for Teaching and Learning". published by Jossey-Bass. If you have access to online libraries (you college students do) you can access it online :).