Thursday, August 28, 2008

In Which Annapolis And I Get Along Famously

I arrived at St. John's in Annapolis about 1:15 in the morning and thus was tired for awhile, but that's all in the past. Annapolis and I see eye-to-eye and I could hardly be happier. I found out where everything is, I have a job (I start work on Tuesday), I am ready for classes on Monday, I found a church, and the food is tremendous. All the running around like a chicken in heat paid off; now I can focus on Greek Greek Greek. For most of first semester the seminar readings will be a pushover (though not the discussions) so I'll have plenty of time to crack down on the hard parts of the Program.

The pianos are tremendous and well-kept. Three soundproof practice rooms with Yamaha U-3s are available, and in the classrooms are grands - one K.Kawai, (very nice-sounding for a cheap instrument), one or two Steinways, and a Baldwin. These are available after hours. (Mom, could you send me my Maryilyn Ham arrangements sometime? They're in my room and I forgot them) In the dining hall is an oldish Mason & Hamlin on which I will play rags and whatnot during meals.

I like Annapolis very much. Wish me luck (and cold hard cash - I'll need lots of that) on the East Coast with all these preppy kids!

2 comments:

lilgeoffy said...

Good luck bro;) Send me your address over there;)

Philosoraptor said...

Timothy Davis
St. John's College
60 College Avenue
Annapolis, Maryland;
21401