Monday, August 4, 2008

back from Bavaria

I got back from my little vacation to Garmisch-Partenkirchen this afternoon. It was a long train ride with a 2yr old, but we made it (barely--I cut it pretty close on my last connection in Frankfurt). But we had a good a time. We hiked around the mountains and to some beautiful lakes, and even made a short day trip up to Munchen. Anyway, I just thought I'd post a few of the pictures/share the beauty of the Alps (I put captions below them).

The view of the mountains behind Edelweiss (the Army hotel where I worked the first few days of my trip).



The view from the bridge just before entering the base where Nate is taking his language courses. I think it's one of the best in Garmisch.





Riessersee. Caedmon and I "hiked" (with a stroller) up to it Thursday afternoon.



The Alps surrounding Garmisch.

Badersee. The water was beautiful: cold, deep, crystal clear. They had a machine for fish food near it because you could see them from the shore. We tried it, but Caedmon wouldn't stop screaming "I wanna splash da water!!!" so we left early.

Nate and Caedmon walking back from Badersee.

Marienplatz, Munich. If you can't tell from the picture, it was insanely busy in Munich that day.

1 comment:

mamagoose said...

You were right when you said that you thought Garmisch was the most beautiful part of Germany. That is breathtaking. Thanks so much for sharing the photos!

The one of Nate and Caedmon makes me laugh. Can you tell they are related?