Monday, January 26, 2009

Oh, what is the name of that book???

For the life of me I can't remember the name of this book. It is a children's book in the company of Go, Dog, Go. It features a large white not-doggy creature with spots, and he shows off all the things he can do... now I can put them on a wall, and I can make them very tall. Now look! all of my spots are blue! and I can put my spots on YOU! at the end, the children convince him that the Circus is the Place for You. As I write this, the title begins to take shape in my mind. Is that it? Quick, help!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You started me on a quest to find it. I read it as a kid and I think we have it at work, I can picture the cover in my mind. If I'm thinking of the right book, it's called Put Me in the Zoo, by Robert Lopshire.

Abby Davis said...

that's definitely it

mamagoose said...

Ding-ding-ding! Yes, that is it. Phew!
Every year I try to tell my spanish class about this book because I start telling them all the things they can do with verbs... they can conjugate them in the present, and the past, and the future... all the things they can do! look, I'll put my verbs on YOU!
of course, they think I am crazy.

Anonymous said...

On the subject of children's books and Spanish class, have you seen this website? It's the International Children's Digital Library (http://en.childrenslibrary.org/) and it contains digital copies of childrens books in a variety of foreign languages. I had to read stuff on there for a multicultural children's literature class, I think you'll like it.

mamagoose said...

Hey, very cool! That will be a good resource for me and also a good one to share with my students.
Thanks!

Philosoraptor said...

I have never heard of this book, and I have read all the good books that have ever been written.

Abby Davis said...

too bad for you! all you have left now to read for the first time must be crap. how disappointing.