Monday, May 12, 2008

grandma's visit




I can't quite get blogger to align these photos the way I want, but here are some pics from Oma's visit to Germany so far. We went to the animal park and to Rudesheim (downtown instead of the forest above). We'll have to add a few more in a couple days. Tuesday we are going to join one of my friends and travel to Luxembourg for the day. And in one week we make that "mystery" trip that Brad had mentioned. For anyone curious here is the website for our hotel: http://www.hotel-alma-alghero.it/index.php?p=galleria_fotografica&ver=uk.

8 comments:

The Anthropophagus said...

Italy/Spain?

mamagoose said...

OOOh, very close. Italy technically, but actually SARDINIA. Who would have guessed? An island in the Mediterranean. For 24 hours.
We just looked up RyanAir for the best deal we could find, destination not important. :)

BradtheDad said...

Well doesn't that sound warm and dry!! That ought to be right up mamagoose's alley! I heard the town is Aleghero. Never heard of it.

BradtheDad said...

I went to the website for Aleghero and does that water ever look clear and the sand white! It looks relaxing. Please be sure to go for a swim for me. I would think it would take wild horses to keep mamagoose out of that water. If you don't have a bathing suit, I'd buy one!

mamagoose said...

Yeah, well, if I had had any idea I would need a suit I would have brought the one I just bought. Remember that when I was packing my bags, I was still wearing a winter coat.
It looks like a place we should go back to, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

They actually have wild horses on the island of Sardinia.

mamagoose said...

WARM and DRY, NOT. Beautiful, yes. Great cultural experience, yes. Do the Italians like babies? Yes, yes, yes.

Anonymous said...

Well, it might be warm and dry, just not the 2 days we were there! But you can't control the weather, and I think we did pretty good considering.