Wednesday, June 11, 2008

In which I go dumpster diving and find four years worth of pants.

Every now and then, HoneyRock does things that I find imprudent with respect to the Administration but very profitable for me - such as throwing out Trip Kitchen food and me cleaning it up, throwing out the carbo candy (of which 50 pounds are still in my room) , and throwing away a few thousand pounds of Trip Locker equipment - mosquito nets, shovels, tons of rubber duffels, and pants. These pants are what caught my eye, for though I did clean up on two mosquito nets (now I can camp even more minimalistically!), a shovel, and 14 rubber duffels, I got about five pair of brand-spankin'-new pants. New, that is, if one is back in 1970, for they are indeed thirty years old. They smell a bit musty and are a little bit moldy from being rained on for two days, but they're in great shape otherwise! I'm totally bringing them to school next year, and they're the perfect waist size! I already sorta fit in a 32 inch waist and there ain't no way I'll gain so much weight my sophomore year that I can't fit into a 35.

What really rocks is that they're all new, and even if I do work landscaping all three years left at school, I'll still make it through on these pants. They are tough and durable, if a little on the warm side (they're wool and cotton). But that's okay! I got four years worth of pants! Hip hip hooray!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think four years is a very generous estimate, especially if the pants are truly almost 40yrs old to begin with.

mamagoose said...

Tim, be sure and WASH the pants.

Philosoraptor said...

But they're NEW!!

...ish.

The Anthropophagus said...

dumpster diving is one of the most efficient and fulfilling ways of living. Industrial dumpsters are a goldmine...