Saturday, November 3, 2007

A Better Birthday Post

It is my greatest pleasure to inform you all that our esteemed sibling and relative, Abigail "Abby" Davis, has reached her 15th year and is now 14. Congratulations! Some birthday advice:
  • Ask for books for your birthday. Lots of books. Start reading Plato's dialogues - you are ready.
  • There is little that is more important than keeping your mind sharp. Read daily and often.
  • Find the good anime and watch it. Trust names like Miyazaki.
  • Practice beautiful Baroque music - start learning a Bach Invention. Soon you will be ready for Scarlatti
  • Run every day to clear your mind and relax.
  • Study Scripture often.
  • Have fun.
  • Don't trust boys.

Happy birthday little sister! I hope it is a good one. Keep on pluggin' away in the (ever smaller) Davis household!

I'll see you next month.

2 comments:

Abby said...

thanks tim!
1 I asked for a book of sorts for my birthday-an ancient greek/english dictionary-does that count? but I also told mom to pick stuff she thought I would like
2 Plato's dialogs, fine, I need a good book anyway
3 good anime will be my pleasure
4 Yay! I am ready for Bach! Sorry mrs B, but the music she gives out is more then a bit dull. sometimes.
5 I DO run every day...ok except sunday. thanks to Nancy who got me started
6 I am studying Isaiah. it is very interesting
7 have fun? Easy. heh
8 does not trusting boys mean I can't trust you?
somehow I don't think that's what you had in mind.
lol
thanks again tim.

~abby

mamagoose said...

If you'd never been born, then you might be a wasn't. A Wasn't has no fun at all, no he doesn't. So get in there and munch; have a big muncheroo. Today is your birthday, today you are YOU!