Thursday, November 8, 2007

shopping etc.

Just thought I'd let everyone know I did a little Christmas shopping in anticipation of coming home. Let's just say it will be a very chocolatey Christmas. Except for Geoff. I almost settled for Haribo, but Baeren Treff's gummis are so much better--I'll make a trip downtown to get some before I come home. ;-) Anyone have any special requests? Still planning on being home in a little less than 2wks. Caedmon and I will try to make it up a couple times before Nate flies out. Are there any special days we should plan on? I was thinking maybe sometime the weekend after thanksgiving? I'm sure the first few days will be a bit chaotic, but I'm also sure that I will have a bit of free time, especially during the day. In other news, I bought Lola a kennel the other day, she hasn't *willingly* entered it all the way, but when we "helped" her she did just fine in there, which makes me feel better. It sounds funny, but I'm kind of excited about letting her run around in a yard. More later...

3 comments:

mamagoose said...

OOOOOhhh, schokolade!
My favorites are the hazelnutty crispy thingies, Hazelnuss Schnitte and HippoKinder, oh delectableness.
I'm sure the first week home will be very busy for you. I will be in California the weekend after Thanksgiving (Nov 30-Dec 2)and then giving final exams the week of the 2nd; I will be glad to be done with the semester on Dec 7!
Are there quarantine regulations for bringing a doggy stateside?

Anonymous said...

I will try to get my hands on those before I get back. I picked up a few of the holiday specialties too. No quarantines for Lola, she just needs a health certificate, valid rabies shot, and a microchip.

Philosoraptor said...

Arwen will adore Lola!