Tuesday, September 18, 2007




Since no one else has countered Tim's threat of total blog domination, I suppose I will have to start posting more (and unload--or rather upload--my arsenal of photos).


Things here have been pretty boring. Nate continues to plug away at his master's courses. I can't quite keep track of everything he's doing but I believe he's taking a course on ancient Greece, one on the Civil War, and soon to start another on 20th century America.

Caedmon has started throwing temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way, and even more frequently when he can't do something that is utterly impossible. His latest trick is to pull up his shirt and say "buhwee" (translation=belly). Nate also taught him how to say cookie, which he says pretty well but sometimes gets combined with cracker ("cahcuh") resulting in "cahkee." It's funnier to hear than transliterate.
Meanwhile, I've gotten onto a crafting kick. The only problem is that there aren't any decent craft stores in/around Wiesbaden. But presently I face a larger dilemma: a friend of mine is taking her parents to Brugge, Belgium, tomorrow and has invited me to come with. I have absolutely no interest in her itinerary (canal cruise and visiting a sea park) but every desire to go to Belgium. I don't want to be impolite by asking to go seperate ways, but I also don't want to take a 9hr round trip car ride just to ride around on some boats and see some dolphins. I think I will probably end up sitting this one out.
Well nap time is officially over and I am being handed a cup and asked for "wa wa" so I should sign off. More later...

1 comment:

mamagoose said...

Oh, what a way to start my day. Those pictures are worth a million.

Mwah! give that baby doll kisses for me.

I do love the tantrums. Nate was very good at them. It goes with being smart, and strong-willed, trying to do the impossible (now how many first-borns fit in that category?)